The first step in any business is defining its market audience.
When marketing SaaS products, it’s easy to start talking about numbers and discussing Psychographic or Demographics in your website marketing copy.
Psychographic – Psychographics is the study of consumers based on their activities, interests, and opinions
Demographics – The description or distribution of characteristics of some target audience, customer base, or population.
It’s good to know the numbers and all that other stuff, but you need to understand the people, the person, the individuals in your niche.
It’s easy to forget that people in the niche actually are the niche.
Understand these are people with hopes, dreams and worries. They are just like you.
- They want time off.
- They want to take care of their children.
- They worry about the future.
- They stress out over their credit card bills.
- They want to have a nice car.
- They want to provide a great future for their family.
Hopes, fears, dreams, and desires are all important to them.
You need to know what’s important to them because you’re selling to people, and you’re not selling to a niche. Motivated people love to buy, and constructing the perfect sales copy helps them buy from you!
|Buyer Persona (Avatar) Questions|
|What are their problems?|
|What are their questions?|
|What are their roadblocks?|
|What are the results they want?|
|Who influences the decisions?|
5 steps to refining your niche
1) Define what type of audience do you want?
2) What is the best way for them to find out about it?
3) How can they get in touch with you?
4) Who are the influencers in this space?
5) Where else could you be found online?
How does a typical person learn about your product/service?
What information sources would they use if they wanted to buy from you?
Where might they go when looking for similar products/services?